So, who would have thought the sound of an ice cream truck playing "I'm a Little Teapot" on a broken speaker could bring up so many memories?I find it insane that with a few tiny notes I can associate literally hundreds of thoughts:
Like when I and Amy (George Washington) would search the couches and steal from my parents ash trays to get a dollar to get the new cool ice creams, like the baseball glove, or some cartoon character, or just associating the smell of BB Q's because of the sounds or longing to play night games, Even though I now am too big to hide inside my "secret spot". Even how I wish that I could constantly eat home made ice cream for breakfast with my Grandpa DeLaMare, while watching The Price is Right, or even just wishing "Bare Feet" were an actual shoe. I love summer, and thanks to the Ice Cream man it has finally arrived.
2 comments:
The only problem now is that the guys who drive them seem totally creepy!
Did you buy any? I've never actually boughten ice cream from an ice cream man, maybe I should get adventurous this summer and hunt one down!
Post a Comment