This is not really a pressing matter, but since I have these two unfinished bags sitting in our room, (that I started in July) it made me think out loud. And as result I am blogging my question, what is in your 72 hr kits? I am finishing ours up, and I'm going back and fourth with what food items to have in our bags... Any good ideas? Let us know.
6 comments:
We had a couple kits and we kinda forgot to eat them and exchange the stuff so we had to toss pretty much everything in there. I found a list on lds.about.com. Here's the link. http://lds.about.com/od/preparednessfoodstorage/a/72hour_kit.htm
lets try that link again
http://lds.about.com/od/
preparednessfoodstorage/
a/72hour_kit.htm. I had to make spaces to make it fit. just delete the spaces.
My MIL made our 72-hour kits, but I helped her put them together...let's see, I think there was a spare set of clothes (she put sweats in each of ours), a tarp, a space blanket, enough food for 72 hours (dry oatmeal, dried fruit, and MREs), feminine hygiene products, a roll of toilet paper, first aid kit, a sewing kit, and 2-4 bottles of water.
I think there might've been more, but I can't remember at the moment. ^_^ Good luck!
I've heard a good way to test them out is to see if you can live on only those products in the bags for 24 hours. Then you will know what you are missing. 'Course I've never been brave enough to try it. I can't fit my bathroom in the bag.
M & M's, (a staple anytime and anywhere). Good and Plentys (the name makes a mental statement), saltines, with butter and little packs of honey. (Unless the honey packs are seeping honey, that wouldn't be good, unless you want to lick your sweats that the honey spills on.)Woobie for comfort, as well as a teddy. (When I say teddy I mean bear, and when I say bear I mean bear. No hanky panky at the church basketball court where everybodies lookin'on......)
This picture is beautiful! Abrielle, your eyes just pop!
Post a Comment