Sunday, October 19, 2008

Here Goes...

Hello to all. I guess I'll start talking about my car AKA "Barbara Blue''. Barbara is an 89 Toyota Camry in mint condition, so to speak. She is a face that only a mother could love, or in my case a father, but what Barbara lacks in looks she makes up in her overall performance. I am proud to say that my car is getting better MPG than new cars who claim to be gas sippers. To be exact she will get anywhere from 32-34 mpg. Impressive considering there is almost no maintenance, except for the habitual quart of oil with every fill up. So there you have it, some of you may say that i drive a junker, or a hoopty car, but the reality is that I am just doing my part to save the world from a global meltdown. Yep my trusty steed and I, sticking it to Al Gore.

Well first I guess that I should apologize for the above photo. I am not trying to strut my "stuff" or anything, I'm just giving you a visual for my next topic; hair. If any of you have seen me without my shirt on, you know that I have a chest that could compete with a wookie. So one fine Saturday night I made one of the dumbest decisions of my life.... I waxed my chest. Now for all of you men who are hairy like myself, you may be thinking one of two things. Its either, " what an idiot" or " I wonder how bad it really hurts?". Well my friends I will acknowledge both of your thoughts. I am an idiot, and yes it hurts, a lot. In truth the first one wasn't so bad until I had the realization that I was committed, and I now had to endure 20 minutes of pain. Some women may laugh and say beauty is pain, however the pain endured did not make me any more beautiful. In fact I broke out in a horrible rash, a rash, that in my opinion looked far worse than a hairy chest.
Now the other thing you may notice about the above picture is a magnificent mow hawk.
Abrielle was kind enough to give me the haircut the day after my chest was waxed. I guess I just figured the after what I went through the previous night, a normally eccentric haircut would be child's play. So here I am hair free... mostly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved it, loved it, loved it! It was worth the wait. I especially like the fact that you love Barbara Blue. She has really been man handled without true love until you came along. She is showing her true value and hanging on as long as she can. You must love her very much! What a guy! mommie

April said...

nice to hear from you austin. sorry but i had to laugh about the chest hair. i bet that hurt like a mother.

paulnmea said...

I agree with Anonymous 100%. Definitely worth the wait. I was rolling and laughing and crying. Please make time for a regular weekly adventure post. Maybe next time you could post about waxing your legs? ha ha ha.

the gray gang said...

you are hillarious!!! I love your pictures of your car, etc.!!! Maybe you should tell Dave to wax all ten hairs that he has on his chest! Just kidding! Funny though!