Friday, July 11, 2008

Hair Things...


So, when I was a little girl I had two head bands that I wore A LOT. One was red and the other was pink, they had bows on them much like the above item, and were the easiest excuse to vier from "The Clark Bow" for those of you who don't know what "The Clark Bow" is, here's an example:
(These bows are tied multiple times, with approximately 3 yards of ribbon)
My mother to this day claims it was the way to find me in crowds and around other kids, and plus it was cute and a family secret on how to tie it. I'm not sure whether or not I like sticking out that much, or if it's even a very good family secret?

That being said I did actually walk into 6th grade on the first day wearing a fluorescent yellow one of these, thus realizing I was the only girl to still be sporting a bow. Needless to state I felt terribly out of place, and vowed I would never return to wearing a bow or headband again.

Luckily, Mataya has enough will power to convince my mom that a Flower is suitable enough for her "bow" then again I find myself sporting these nifty little things every once in a while as well..

(Sorry this is the only picture I have proving I wear flowers in my hair)







(Mataya is the one in the middle, wearing two flowers)







And Strangely enough I am wearing a black headband today and as I was pondering about my past experiences with them I realized I went against my own philosophy... I was wearing one again, ten years later. Is that bad? I now happen to believe that wearing a bow is either in my blood, or I just feel lost with out them.

3 comments:

paulnmea said...

Hey tootie...I posted, a lot. So enjoy. It was all for you. love ya.

April said...

haha..too funny!! that bow is a little big!! hee hee! i do recall seeing a couple pictures of you when you were little wearing huge bows..that's funny!! i like the flower in your hair in that picture..very cute!

Rachel said...

I always loved your bows when I was little. My sisters and I were jealous that our bows weren't nearly as big. Whenever we would see one we would think of you. It's always a little embarrasing looking back at pictures of yourself when you were little and wondering who dressed you and WHY? Ah well, they make fun pictures.