James Delamare bakes bread at the Avenues Bakery. The bakery's owners, Kathie Chadbourne and Paul Maurer, are moving their business to Ashland, Ore., where some costs will be slashed in half. (Michael Brandy, Deseret News)This is a tribute to my dear Father, he has mastered the art of artisan bread baking at a local bakery in downtown Salt Lake City, Avenue's Bakery. He started baking bread first at The Village Baker near West Valley, and after that with his brother Rick opened a bakery, DeLaMare's Bakery, for any of you who had a life changing sandwich there. I can remember baking with him, watching him with bread, rolls, pastries, and mainly just the art of it. I am so proud of him for doing what he loves to do, and bringing a little bit more art into a process most of us find plain, mundane, and nothing close to being artistic.
Check out the article from Fridays paper.
4 comments:
ok that is freakin' awesome that he's in the news!! so cool!!
Well your dad is amazing! Do you remember when he would make us those really good sandwiches with a cookie and chips every week? I could'nt wait to get one each week they were so good!!!! You have one cool dad.
Look how cute he is! ;-) And, yes, he truely is a master in the art of bread making.
~Carolyn
Oh how I enjoy a good fresh loaf of bread.
Post a Comment