Wednesday, July 30, 2008

McCall Idaho


( all the Fillmores as of August 2006)
(Austin's first Pancake House experience, in 2006, doesn't he look so little? Actually we probably both do.)

Well, yes another lake vacation for me. . . McCall, Idaho. For many of you who know us Idaho is not our favorite place but, there happens to be one exception: the entire town of McCall Idaho. It actually is a favorite next to the beloved Lake Powell, actually may be a little more favorite. And I know as Meagan Petersen reads that last line I will hear about it, I must say though it is well worth it. I can not remember a summer without traveling there, and usually twice a summer. July 4th there has always been a favorite, fireworks over a lake while sitting in a boat, surrounded by hundreds of others basically can't be topped. And there is the famous My Fathers Place, which I actually prefer to Five Guys (just breath PC Davies Family) oh, and Ice Cream Alley, don't be fooled it is actually in an alley and makes fresh Huckleberry Milkshakes, which I could probably down about five in one sitting they're so amazing. I also know if I didn't mention that the Pancake House's 3 hr wait is well worth the plate size butter milk pancakes, and the Spanish omelet, I would probably get a royal kick from a few people. And even though I usually am wearing a wet suit in the lake in the middle of August due to the 70 (or below) degree water, that is no Lake Powell, but Fresh shall we say "untainted" water. That still can't stop the occasional skinny-dip by the Lilly-pads, and camp fires. And continuing on my rampage and praise of this little place, there is nothing like a 6 am ski on that glass, nothing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

amen Aubs AMEN! :)

Lisa said...

I have wanted to go to McCall ever since I heard about it probably 15 -20 years ago. It sounds so nice...a little cold but nice! Have you ever been to red fish lake? It sounds very similar to the lake in McCall....pure glass but freezing! I need to go thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am converted to Idaho. Just for the record. I love you too!