Thursday, January 29, 2009
Battles, and Wits
Well, Austin's brother Luke, and I go to the gym almost daily. And the funny thing about this whole thing and this adventure for us is mainly Luke. Just to hear his Lukisms, or to watch him when he's around all the people at the local Gold's Gym.
Lately he's been favoring being in the "Cardio Cinema" at Gold's Gym because, quote "No one can see me in there, cause I look like such a Homer." May I just say that my all time favorite thing about the gym with Luke is when he trips on the emergency pull cord on the tread mill. For some reason they are incredibly long and he, with out fail, manages to trip over it and has to start his tread mill work out all over again. Now picturing all this may make you think that Luke is a total klutz, but in reality he is not, it is just really hard to see in there.
So far this week we have seen a total of about ten movies, not full ones but we usually manage to come in the middle of one, and see the first half of the next film. Luke says it is too hard to watch something serious cause, you focus on that and not running, maybe that's why he never fails to trip on that cord?? Ya think?
Anyways, I do want to formally say that combined this week we have ran one and a half marathons (aprox. 45 miles) Done somewhere around 2,000 sit-ups, and have lost a combined 5 pounds. So, I guess you could say having Luke around all the time is probably the best thing because, now we both have a running buddy, and someone to push us another mile.
And finally a few favorite Lukisms for the week:
"Dude, people here think I'm a crazy guy hu?"
"I hate this jacket cause I look like an Eskimo."
"Abrielle, if I run ten miles a day will I loose weight?"
"I hate always wearing the same thing to the gym, doesn't matter hu?"
"Want to go to Dell Taco?"
"I've only eaten 1,200 calories today, is that bad?"
"There is no difference between Diet Pepsi, and Diet Coke."
"Let's look up how many calories are in this burrito."
"I lost 350$ today! Dang it!"
"I feel like I'm in a daze."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ha! sounds like you could get an ab work out just by hanging out with Luke. what a crack up!
Oh, Oh, Oh, what an amazingly fun and funny guy! He always keeps us laughing doesn't he? Oh, by the way ask him about his ghost experience the other night....no wait....I'm sure you'll hear all about it! Honk
Awww. Loved it. Made me smile even bigger than the picture. Love it. I am so jealous I can't be there in the cinema room with you guys.
Hahaha! This post is so funny!
dang I wish I could enjoy the experiences with you. I'm used to being on Luke overload.. but it's been awhile
Post a Comment