Monday, December 29, 2008

Four Christmases

Now, if any of you have ever seen that movie Four Christmases, or maybe even a preview for it. You may remember the craziness portrayed. And let me just say as Austin and I watched that movie on Thanksgiving night with his entire family, we both thought it was very similar to our holiday madness. Except this: We have a few additional families to throw in the mix.
Anyways, we played this Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty well. Fairly mellow and we did actually see EVERY FAMILY. But, reflect back to that movie... and you may remember that she gets spit up on by a baby, all over her BLACK TOP... yes, you guessed it. This even happen to me and Austin almost followed in Vince Vaughn fashion.
Needless to say Holidays are insane. But, if you look at it all up front and all the negative things that happen, and that bother you from one family to what you love to eat at another, you may miss what's really important. Being there. Enjoying the fact that you actually have family to visit, and to feed you and to talk to about anything. So, even though 1 month old Samuel turned my new black top white. I enjoyed the holidays. And I think just maybe Andrea won't eat whatever it was that made him puke ever again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are amazing. I don't handle what family I have, and I know I have a lot less to keep up with than you guys!

Anyway, I hope you had an awesome Christmas. ^_^

Autumn and Mitch said...

I don't remember seeing you on christmas! And very briefly on Thanksgiving. Where is the love for the Hughes side?

Austin and Abrielle said...

Hey girl, I'm so sorry. We wanted to come to Christmas but we had two other places to be. We totally suck, and will be there for sure next year. Plus we saw G-pa on Christmas morning. That counts? Doesn't it?

Amy said...

You guys look amazing. Gotta love families right??

Jessica F. said...

We LOVED seeing you!!!!