I can't begin without saying first that this labor and delivery was so completely different than Harley.
I was due on the 20th of September and was scheduled to be induced the 25th, if she didn't come by herself.... Like I said completely different. Since with Harley I had to be induced, and stay an extra night at the hospital to hopefully get my cervix to dilate. So, you can only imagine my expectation in going by myself. Not high.
On the 21st, I hadn't packed any overnight bags, hadn't done any laundry or finished my sink full of dishes.
After a long day of corn, I finally got to sit down about 10:30pm and contractions started... Since I was not expecting this to be real I drank some water and took a shower, hung out... They kept coming.
Obviously I couldn't sleep so, I did my last minute details. And worried constantly about what I was forgetting... Oh diapers, hadnt gotten those. Oh, and registered my car, nope... The list got longer and funnier.
So at 12:30 I called my dr. To make sure I wasn't over thinking it.
I wasn't.
Mean while Austin was at his aunts house helping her paint and redo her living room and kitchen... By about 1:15 I told him to come home if he wanted to shower.
He hurried home, and dropped Harley at his aunts and got to the hospital around 2:00am.
I was at a 4.5, by myself! I was ecstatic, and exhausted.
At 5am i had gotten to a six, and could barley keep my eyes open.
I decided to get an epidural so I could hopefully rest a little before the arrival.
I did. Slept during labor, weird.i woke up at 8:00, and was ready... Waited an hour or so for her to drop further down. And one push later, she was here.
Amazing.
8lbs 5oz, 20" and perfect.
1 comment:
Congratulations! What a precious bundle! she is gorgeous! We love you and miss you! good luck and keep up loving those cute bundles. They are so much fun!
Post a Comment