Sunday, June 17, 2012
Thoughts from an ameture
Theres no un cheesy way to say this, but I am a person of lists. I list everything in my head... The order I'm going to do housework, the money I've spent for the day/week, everything. The past few days I've been slowly listing things I think every mom should do for her daughter. Mind you this is a rough draft since my daughter is only 19 months old, and I haven't scratched the surface.
1. Always give her the eggs beaters of cookie dough. She will look forward to being in the kitchen with you.
2. Use the three minute rule, practically anyone can handle any situation for at least three minutes. Or in other words: patience.
3. Give her loves all the time, request hugs and kisses.
4. Read. Both to her, and by reading in front of her.
5. Paint her toes. She will love it.
6. Never wear any "nice" or fragile jewelry while around because, you absolutely have to let her wear everything. And she will love looking in the mirror with them on.
7. tell her she's beautiful. Because, it's true.
8. Let her hold the bubbles, yes you will get wet and soapy... But, everything is in that little bottle.
9. Laugh with her.
10. Dress her up, odds are that chance will be gone before You know it.
11. Kiss her father.
12. Let her hold bugs, and pick them up yourself ... Even if you are terrified.
13. Pray with her. She reminds me daily for naps, meals, everything. She wants to always say a prayer.
14. Let her get dirty. Mud,grass, water, Popsicles... They all wash out.
15. Shoes are not always necessary.
16. Get excited with her, no matter what it is. She will love the praise.
17. take her to the zoo. She will love the monkeys.
18. Let her be independent. Even if that means getting a scrapped knee, or a goose egg. She will learn.
19. Let her have your tooth brush, even if she takes it outside... Nothing is cooler than using moms stuff.
20. Throwing all the pillows off the couch, and jumping into them is the most entertainment either of you ever need.
I love my little girl, and will continue to add to my list. This is by no means a guideline or a rule book. Merely my observation of one beautiful little girl who has
not only helped me make another long boring list, but has taught me a lot about love.
Ps sorry about the format, did this from my iPad.... And will not look pretty, looks normal in my draft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love this. you are such a good mom! love you abs!
cute lil hars
Post a Comment