Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It has ALL Come and Gone


Christmas, New Years, 2011.... have all come, and left even faster.

Can I say that having a little one during these holidays makes it better than you could imagine? She was a sweet heart, thinking every present was hers and loving every article of clothing, every toy, and everyone who gave them to her.

I've recently thought a lot about that. How astoundingly beautiful it is to find someone who loves the bag as much as the gift, and loves whoever gave it to her even more than the entire thing. It has impressed on me greatly this year to see things in her eyes for how special they really are. I mean, I usually just toss out the bags and take back what I don't LOVE... but, thankfully I have a little girl who teaches me daily of how cool a bottle cap is or how fun an empty stainless steel pot is, or really how unimportant most things are. I love this about Harley, her excitement for everything. I hope it sticks, and that she will continue teaching me things so valuable.

Ps sorry for the mushy topics as of late...

1 comment:

Jessica F. said...

You are so right. Kids make everything better.
We LOVED seeing you and that darling Harley. She is so cute!