Monday, October 3, 2011

Strange.


(photo from Zach Davies' Fb )


It's pretty strange how quickly we can adapt to new elements in our lives. Like how I'm now okay with my dvd's and video games being pulled out and rearranged every few hours during the day. And how quickly the big change becomes normal, and you almost can't remember what it was like before it happend, like having a baby, getting married or cutting your hair. It's amazing.

Some months ago my sister in law passed away unexpectedly, and I honestly could not see how life could go on, or how we as a family could get through it. I couldn't imagine not having her funny little comments at a party, or the thoughtful thing she made for Harley, or having a cute card she sent me on my fridge. It's so strange how quickly that is part of the past.

Her two children have grown leaps and bounds since she passed. The weather has changed, and so has our family. Nothing can describe how amazing that is. I rarely spoke to most relatives throughout my week days, and would normally catch up on Sundays when I'd see them. Now it is rare to not talk to them throughout the week. And almost makes me sad that something this terrible had to happen to create that.

It is apparent to me now, more than ever, how crucial it is to cherish and nourish relationships. I am incredibly grateful for my family, not only for the love they so willing give to me. But, for all the support my brother in law has received. You are all great, thank you for making something so hard, a beautiful reason to be closer to those who are important, and for reminding me of the constant love the savior has for all of us.