Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sorry, I just found this old post for ages ago. So, I dusted it off cause Austin is so cool.

You know, it's really funny how you can love someone more than you already do. All growing up I had a "Sunday Dinner" and Grandma DeLaMare's with usually at least 30 people attending, not to mention she always had table cloths, her nice china, roast, hand mashed potatoes, and homemade rolls to accompany. After she passed away it was a hard adjustment for me not to see DeLaMares and family on a weekly basis, but good things always come with change.

I can not even express how cool Austin is, he actually has learned my dad's hand mashed potatoes technique, perfected his roast beef recipe and makes some of the best rolls as of late. He has stated "we're trying to keep the tradition alive" and even though our TINY condo is maxed out with four guests, lately we have been squeezing between 5-10 people in here for dinner. I know it's no 30 people but, honestly I am telling everyone this for two reasons, one to tell Austin I love him (yes, I have to be WAY cheesy sometimes) and how much it means to me that he would make Sunday Dinner as important to those around us as it always has been in my life. And two, to see who is coming over next?

Here is proof we're doing it right:
Love ya Gma Del

1 comment:

April said...

That is awesome of you guys to carry on the tradition. We would LOVE to come sometime.