Sunday, March 29, 2009

This Thing We Call Life

... Happens to be rough lately. I am officially whining just a little, because well Austin's working in Moab. And I hate cooking for one worse than two, and I really hate being the only one in the house laughing at our inside jokes. It stinks that I can't sleep nor can I stay warm, even with the heat at 70. But, really the thing I miss the most is picking up all the various pairs of shoes scattered around our home. You may think he only has a few pairs, with this thought you would be false. He leaves them everywhere. I pick up more of his shoes than anything else. Now, the question is, what to do with that extra time I spend daily picking up his shoes? I have thought about this long today, since I drove 3+ hours home from Moab, and I decided I would rather do nothing. I love having that reminder of him. On a daily, of exactly who he is, and what he was wearing with a certain pair, I just love knowing he's here. And with out his shoes, it becomes very real that I have to wait another full six days to see him and his shoes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you! If you want to come have dinner and play games with Cody and me, we're so down to have you.

Also, you're cute.

paulnmea said...

Ohhh. You should have visited. Definitely should have visited. I know two little guys that could make time fly by picking up endless things, and who love their Auntie, er Uncle Aubs.

Jessica F. said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on! Wish we could drop some shoes off and scatter them around your house!

We miss you!

Honk's Thoughts said...

We've ALL acquired that bad habit from MY-IKE! Glad you see such a positive twist on it. HOnk