Monday, March 28, 2011

Dr's,

What do they know? Apparently the "norm" is a baby who sleeps through the night, and I wish Harley would agree. I was told not to swaddle her anymore, and let her sooth herself? Really? last night I decided I wasn't going to give and I was going to let the soothing thing happen ... right. After and HOUR AND A HALF! of crying, screaming, rolling, kicking, I went in wrapped her up, and right to sleep she went.

The next thing on my list is to get rid of her 3am feeding, do I dare?

Side note: yes, I have read books like Baby Wise and have "trained" her. I guess my dream of a full 8 hrs is years away.

2 comments:

Diane said...

You are doing a great job. Try not swaddling at nap time first. My kids adjust better to change at nap time and it's easier to listen to screaming during the day. HOpe you are well. You look great and she is adorable.

Honk's Thoughts said...

I'm still waiting to unswaddle Zach. He's had a few nights of really good sleep. O well, there is always next decade......